Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Off to Denmark!!!

Well, I'm wayyyyyy behind this month and am only writing my first post of the month on the on the 12th...yikes! However, I am excited to start on my online journey through the Kingdom of Denmark.  Although it is the smallest of the Scandinavian countries, it has two autonomous provinces, the Faroe Islands and Greenland...which is actually 500x bigger than Denmark, but has 100x less people!



Denmark was named the Happiest Country in the World according to a 2010 Gallup poll!  From checking out a few Danish websites, I noticed that there are all sorts of great family/vacation expriences available - lots of gardens, zoos, museums, castles and amusement parks to visit, as well as coastline that offers lots of water activities....I think that must contribute to the national happiness, as well as the strong national welfare programs.

Well, I'll be looking at some things more in depth in the posts to come, but here are some images to give you an idea of what to expect should you ever visit Denmark:

Egeskov Castle

Den Gamle By - an open air museum of urban history

Copenhagen

Yummmmmmm

Rosenborg Castle

Danish cuisine 
Tivoli Gardens

4 comments:

  1. October for Denmark!!!??? Everyone knows they hosted the world cycling championships in September!!!! As a penalty I am expecting an expose on the controversy surrounding the statue of Knud Rasmussen in Copenhagen...

    ReplyDelete